For his second animated feature as director, Hayao Miyazaki adapted his own best-selling Manga to make this epic masterpiece. A huge success when released in Japan back in 1984, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind helped launch Studio Ghibli, and bears all the hallmarks of Miyazaki's later successes: fantastical worlds, great characters and stunning animation.
A thousand years after a great war, a seaside kingdom known as the Valley of the Wind is one of the only areas which remains populated. Led by the courageous Princess Nausicaä, the people of the Valley are engaged in a constant struggle with powerful insects called ohmu, who guard a poisonous jungle that is spreading across the Earth. Nausicaä and her brave companions, together with the people of the Valley, strive to restore the bond between humanity and the earth.
- Complete Storyboards - Get an Insider's Look at the Film's Artistry
- The Birth Story of Studio Ghibli Featurette
- Original Japanese Theatrical Trailer
- Studio Ghibli Trailer Reel
- Audio commentary by Hideaki Anno and Kazuyoshi Katayama
- Interview with Toshio Suzuki and Hideaki Anno
- Behind the Microphone