As a young boy, Bruce Wayne watched in horror as his millionaire parents were slain in front of him - a trauma that leads him to become obsessed with revenge. But the opportunity to avenge his parents' deaths is cruelly taken away from him by fate.
Fleeing to the East, where he seeks counsel with the dangerous but honorable ninja cult leader known as Ra's Al-Ghul, Bruce returns to his now decaying Gotham City, which is overrun by organized crime and other dangerous individuals manipulating the system. Meanwhile, Bruce is slowly being swindled out of Wayne Industries, the company he inherited.
The discovery of a cave under his mansion, along with a prototype armored suit, leads him to assume a new persona, one which will strike fear into the hearts of men who do wrong; he becomes Batman!
In the new guise, and with the help of rising cop Jim Gordon, Batman sets out to take down the various nefarious schemes in motion by individuals such as mafia don Falcone, the twisted doctor/drug dealer Jonathan 'The Scarecrow' Crane, and a mysterious third party who is quite familiar with Wayne and waiting to strike when the time is right.
- Inner Demons Comic
- Batman: The Journey begins
- Shaping Mind and Body
- Batman: The Tumbler
- Gotham City Rises
- Saving Gotham City
- Genesis of the Bat
- Confidential Files
The Dark Knight
Christopher Nolan returns to direct the follow up to his own 2005 blockbuster 'Batman Begins', with Christian Bale once again suited up as 'The Dark Knight'.
Gotham City, previously a playground for organised crime and petty thieves, has been cleaned up under the ever watchful eye of Batman. With the continued help of Lt James Gordon (Gary Oldman) and determined District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman continues to round up the remaining criminals plaguing it.
As the opening sequence quickly shows, a new threat has emerged. The Joker! Brought to life again, this time by the late Heath Ledger (Best Supporting Actor Oscar winner). With his eerie grin and wicked laugh, mixed with psychotic madness, he unleashes a new danger to the people of Gotham amidst all his chaos.
As Batman struggles to bring the madman to justice, his alter-ego Bruce Wayne is caught in a love triangle as Rachel Dawes' (Maggie Gyllenhaal) relationship with Harvey Dent grows stronger. Knowing that Harvey may be the 'White Knight' required to bring continued peace to Gotham, Batman hopes that for the last time his skills and arsenal of equipment will be needed to stop the crazed villain before the city falls back into turmoil! - (Michael Woodhall)
- Gotham Uncovered - How Christopher Nolan and his team developed the new Bat-suit and Bat-pod and composer Hans Zimmer musically characterized The Joker's reign of chaos
- Behind the Film - Including stunt staging, filming in IMAX and the new bat suit and bat pod
- The Dark Knight IMAX Scenes - View these 6 action-packed sequences
- Gotham Tonight - 6 episodes of Gotham Cable's premier news programme
- The Galleries - Poster art and production stills
The Dark Knight Rises
It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act.
But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda.
Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.
- The Batmobile - Witness all five Bat mobiles together for the first time in history. Dive deep into every aspect of the most awe-inspiring pinnacle of technology as the most awe-inspiring weapon in birth and evolution of this technological marvel and cultural icon
- The Prologue: High-Altitude Hijacking - Ending the Knight - See how Christopher Nolan and his filmmaking team staged the film's high-flying opening sequence
- Return to the Batcave - Witness the reconstruction of the Batcave with time-lapse photography
- Beneath Gotham - Director Christopher Nolan and the production designers discuss the design and build of Bane's lair
- The Bat Pod - Director Christopher Nolan gives Batman a new mode of transportation in The Dark Knight Rises
- Batman Vs. Bane - The filmmakers and actors reveal how they planned and shot the epic fight sequence between Batman and Bane
- Armory Accepted - See how special effects and a miniature unit were used to simulate the demolition drop of the Tumbler through the ceiling
- Gameday Destruction - The filmmakers describe the production plan that went into executing the jaw-dropping demolition sequence at Gotham Stadium
- Demolishing a City Street - Learn how a series of practical special effects were used to simulate the complete destruction of a city street
- The Pit - The filmmakers explain the design and construction of two giant, vertical sets: the underground prison and the well
- The Chant - Christopher Nolan and Hans Zimmer discuss the creation of the chant that formed the basis of the scores
- The War on Wall Street - Get a glimpse behind the coordination and production of the epic battle for Gotham City
- Race to the Reactor - Watch how the filmmakers orchestrated the film's climactic chase sequence with multiple Tumblers and the Batpod
- The Journey of The Dark Knight Character - Get insight into story and thematic choices that structured the final chapter of Bruce Wayne's journey as Batman. Supported by interviews with Christopher Nolan, Jonah Nolan and David Goyer
- Gotham's Reckoning - The filmmakers reflect on their reinvention of Bane and all the elements that went into making him Batman's most lethal enemy and his wardrobe
- A Girls Gotta Eat - The filmmakers discuss the challenge of bringing an iconic character to life, detailing the acting choices, fashion, training and her tactical-ego of Catwoman
- Shadows and Light in Large Format - Discover the philosophy and methodology of capturing The Dark Knight Rises on the grand canvas of Imax film.
- The End of a Legend - The filmmakers give their final thoughts on working on The Dark Knight Rises and what it was like to be a part of
- Trailer Archive