Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration includes the critically acclaimed Rise of the Tomb Raider, nominated for over 75 “Best Of” awards, in which Lara Croft becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition to the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration also includes the new “Blood Ties” single player content, VR support, new Co-Op play for Endurance mode, “Ultimate Survivor” difficulty mode for the main campaign, 20 Year Celebration outfit and gun, and 5 classic Lara skins. Also includes all previously released Downloadable Content including: Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, Endurance Mode, Cold Darkness Awakened, 12 outfits, 7 weapons, and 35 expedition cards. With over 50 hours of gameplay, this is the most comprehensive version of the award-winning experience.
- The Critically Acclaimed Action Adventure – In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara uncovers an ancient mystery that places her in the cross-hairs of a ruthless organization known as Trinity. As she races to find the secret before Trinity, the trail leads to a myth about the Lost City of Kitezh. Lara knows she must reach the Lost City and its hidden secrets before Trinity as she sets out for Siberia on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.
- NEW “Blood Ties” Single Player Story – In the wake of her father’s death, Lara’s uncle challenges her ownership of Croft Manor. Lara is determined to reclaim her legacy and prove that she is the rightful heir, but to do that she will need to confront her past head on. Explore Lara’s childhood home in an hour of new Story Mode gameplay, and uncover a family mystery that will change her life forever. This new mode is playable in standard third person and can also be experienced in Virtual Reality mode.
- NEW “Blood Ties” Nightmare - Lara’s worst nightmares come alive as hordes of the undead overrun her childhood home. Defeat hordes of infectious zombies to become the ultimate zombie slayer, before the nightmare overwhelms you! Compete with friends and create community challenges with card modifiers in an all new Nightmare Mode.
- NEW Endurance Mode Co-Op: You and a friend must scrounge, scavenge and craft to survive the harsh elements by day, as well as lethal threats from enemies, both man and beast, by night. This is the ultimate test to see how long you and a friend can survive the sprawling, unforgiving landscapes. Fire takes fuel, cold kills the unprepared, food restores health, and everything must be caught, collected, or crafted. You start with nothing and must find everything. Work together and challenge others to your longest survival run and battle to the top of the leaderboards.
- NEW 20 Year Celebration Content - Five classic Lara Croft skins as well as a reimagined outfit that pays tribute to Lara’s trip to Antarctica in Tomb Raider III. New content also includes the “Extreme Survivor” difficulty setting in Rise of the Tomb Raider that will severely limit your save points, crafting materials, resources, ammunition, and health – only the most resourceful and capable will survive this new extreme difficulty.
- Includes all DLC – Includes all downloadable content that will extend your single-player campaign and will allow you to compete with friends. Three major releases will challenge you to survive the extreme conditions of Endurance Mode, explore a new tomb that houses an ancient terror in Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, and combat waves of infected predators in Cold Darkness Awakened. In addition, new outfits, weapons, and Expedition Cards will keep you customizing, expanding, and challenging your friends to new adventures.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration is fully compatible with PlayStation 4 Pro and offers three modes to customize your gaming experience: 4K Resolution for unprecedented fidelity, High Framerate for even smoother gameplay, or Enriched Visuals for the lushest and most realistic graphics possible.
- 4K Resolution Mode renders gameplay at stunning 4K resolution at 30 frames-per-second. The increased resolution offers much more detail, which benefits textures, silhouettes, FX and specular highlights.
- High Frame-rate Mode supports up to 60 fps at 1080p resolution. This mode offers smoother and more fluid animation while exploring and even tighter control during combat.
- Enriched Visuals uses extra power on both new and existing rendering features to improve overall image quality, resulting in an incredibly lush and highly realistic presentation in 1080p at 30 fps.
New PlayStation 4 Pro Tech Features
- Displacement Maps and Tessellation: This greatly improves the detail of rough surfaces in the ground, rocks, and bricks. Silhouettes and surface features are geometrically-represented when viewed up close, making the surfaces feel even more tangible and realistic.
- Anisotropic Filtering: The graphics power allows anisotropic filtering across all surfaces, so when viewed from an angle, the quality of the textures in the distance are greatly enriched.
- Additional Dynamic Foliage: Even more of the plants and trees are dynamic, the plants bend when Lara walks past, and the trees blow in the wind.
- Increased LOD: Enhanced geometry in objects like buildings means they have significantly more detail when viewed at a distance. As a result hub spaces feel even larger now and aid the player’s exploration.
- +10m LOD bias: All level-of-detail distances were retuned so that objects retain higher resolution as they recede into the distance.
- Cinematic Hair: Lara’s hair during gameplay has been upgraded to use the same higher quality hair used in cinematics.
- Sun soft shadows: Sun shadows were softened to further improve the natural look in outdoor environments.
- Improved depth of field: An improved depth of field effect creates a nice Bokeh effect on bright highlights.
Click Images to Enlarge