Guitar Hero, the pop culture phenomenon that introduced a new way to interact with music, is back with the all-new Guitar Hero Live, featuring breakthrough innovations that will re-ignite your dreams of becoming a rock star.
Developed by FreeStyleGames, the studio behind DJ Hero and DJ Hero 2, Guitar Hero Live introduces two powerful ways to play, including a first-person point of view where you are up on stage as the star of the show. A quantum leap forward in immersion and realism, Guitar Hero Live is a live-action experience that delivers the full emotional roller coaster of being on stage, with players performing in a real band, in front of real crowds, who react in real time to how well or poorly you play.
Guitar Hero Live also includes GHTV, a revolutionary new way to play Guitar Hero. The 24-hour playable music video network lets fans play along to a continually-updated collection of official videos, from the newest releases to favorite hits. GHTV also lets players compete with their friends as well as players from across the globe to battle for the highest score on any given song.
Guitar Hero Live introduces a new guitar controller that features six buttons: two rows of three buttons that better reflect the way people naturally play and deliver more fun for players of all abilities. This simple innovation makes it easier for beginners to play and harder for veterans to master.
- Live Action, First Person Rock Star Realism – GH Live introduces a whole new level of immersion – it’s a first-person, live-action gaming experience where the player is the star of the show. Players will feel the stage fright and exhilaration of being on stage in a variety of venues, from the smallest club stage in front a hundred people, to the massive main stage of an outdoor festival in front of a hundred thousand people.
- The World’s First Playable Music Video Network – the game also introduces GHTV, a 24-hour music video network that lets players jump right into various genres of music and play along to official music videos. The game mode adds an entirely new dimension to Guitar Hero, giving players the chance to compete with their friends in the same room as well as fans around the world to see who can achieve the highest score. GHTV is a living, breathing platform that will
- be continually updated, serving as an ever-growing source for new music discovery, while further bringing the party atmosphere back to the living room.
- Earn Sweet Rewards as You Play and Reach Hero Status – As you play in GHTV, you earn in-game currency that helps you acquire a variety of different content. This includes items to personalize your experience like note highways and playercards, and also premium content that lets you play along to real concert footage. You can also acquire boosts and hero powers that increase your ability to rank up, ultimately reaching “Hero Status” that grants you access to the most prestigious tiers of badges, premium content and additional vanity items.
- Authentic, Re-designed Guitar Controller – The signature Guitar Hero controller has been redesigned to enhance the gameplay experience. The modern, redesigned guitar controller features six buttons: two rows of three buttons that look and feel more like an authentic chord-playing experience that is fun for players of all abilities. For beginners, you can feel like a rock star by mastering play with the bottom three buttons. Medium-level players don’t have to stretch their fingers down the guitar controller neck anymore and can instead skillfully play two-row combinations that mimic real chords. Experienced players have a new challenge in creating complex chord shapes and finger combinations that will bring new thrills to veterans.
- Festival-Worthy Lineup – Music variety is at the heart of Guitar Hero Live. The game takes the approach of the modern music festival, with rock, folk, EDM, hip-hop, country and pop acts sharing the same stage. The game will feature hundreds of playable songs from a diverse array of artists, including The Black Keys, Fall Out Boy, Queen, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Rage Against the Machine, Gary Clark, Jr., Green Day, The War on Drugs, The Killers, The Rolling Stones, Pierce the Veil and Blitz Kids, with many more bands to be announced in the coming months.
- No Console? No Problem – For the first time ever, Activision is bringing the complete Guitar Hero Live experience to mobile devices, providing players with the same console experience anytime, anywhere. Guitar Hero Live on mobile represents a massive technological leap for the franchise, giving fans the opportunity to play wherever, whenever they want.