Janet van Dyne was a daughter of a wealthy scientist named Vernon van Dyne. During an experiment, however, an alien monster was unleashed and Dr. van Dyne was killed. Her father's associate, Dr. Henry "Hank" Pym, had created a substance called "Pym particles", which allowed the user to grow or shrink in size, and had become the superhero Ant-Man; when Janet's father died, she convinced Pym to help her, and he gave her a supply of "Pym particles" and subjected her to a procedure which granted her the ability to, upon shrinking, grow wings and fire blasts of energy, which she called her "wasp's stings". As Ant-Man and The Wasp, they defeated the monster and sent it to its own dimension, and had several more adventures together.
- Kotobukiya continues their lineup of stylized Bishoujo Statues based on Super Heroes and Villains from the pages of Marvel Comics with Wasp!
- Based on a new character interpretation and illustration by master Japanese Illustrator Shunya Yamashita
- Wasp lightly touches down on a special base designed to look like a splash of water.
- Wasp looks great in her black and gold costume and iridescent wings
- Display alone or alongside other Marvel character inspired Bishoujo statues from Kotobukiya